A simple change that could have a huge impact:
STAR Voting for Troutdale, OR
- More choice. Voters simply score candidates from 0 up to 5 stars.
- Just one election in November. Lane County elections are already non-partisan, and adopting STAR Voting would eliminate the need for expensive and low-turnout primaries for local offices including our County Commissioners, County Clerk, and Sheriff.
- STAR Voting eliminates spoilers and vote splitting, so you can stop worrying about who you think can win and just focus on the candidates and the issues.
- STAR Voting elects majority preferred winners.
- STAR Voting would pay for itself within a few election cycles and then would start saving taxpayers money.
- This is our chance to be a model for the rest of the nation.
Learn more about STAR Voting here: starvoting.us/star
- Due to Covid-19, canvassing in 2020 and early 2021 was suspended, luckily STAR Voting for Troutdale was just kicking off the canvass when the pandemic hit, so only a few signatures were collected.
- The Troutdale petition is now in the process of being resubmitted, and a new petition will launch soon with a brand new start date and kickoff, and a full two year canvassing window for collecting all the signatures needed to qualify STAR Voting for the ballot.
- The STAR Voting for Troutdale Chapter is looking for new local leadership, including people to help coordinate and host meetings, an outreach and tabling coordinator, and an events coordinator, and there are other positions available as well. If you can commit to a few hours a month we need you on our leadership team.
- Email [email protected] and [email protected] to get involved!
Request a canvassing packet for collecting signatures in person once the new campaign kicks off:
The normal signature sheets for in person canvassing need to be printed double sided and correctly formatted in order to be valid, so we don't have them available to download, but we will happily mail you a complete canvassing packet, which includes canvasser instructions, the legal text, and some signature sheets.
If you feel you can safely circulate a clipboard please fill out the form below to request a Lane County Canvassing Packet. It's worth it to request a canvassing packet if you plan to collect more than a couple signatures, and if you are able to plan ahead.
When canvassing in person please use full Covid-19 safety precautions, including masks and hand sanitizer, when reaching out to people outside your household.
Print > Sign > Send
Coming Soon: Sign the
STAR Voting for Troutdale
ballot initiative from home!
|coming soon||coming soon||coming soon|
Do you like this page?