Terms and Conditions
- BINDING AGREEMENT. Use of STAR Voting on Google Forms App (aka "STAR Voting Elections") or the star.vote website is governed by these Terms and Conditions ("Terms"). As the same terms apply to both, they are referred to in this document as "StarVote". By using StarVote, you agree to be bound by the Terms, and you may not use StarVote unless you have accepted the Terms. Your acceptance of the Terms creates a binding legal agreement between you and the Equal Vote Coalition (“Equal Vote”, "we" or "us"). Please read the Terms carefully.
- PROHIBITED USES. You may use StarVote only for running elections, running polls, counting ballots, and for evaluation purposes.
2.1 You may not interfere with or attempt to interfere with an election that is not created by you. You may create your own elections for analyzing the security and reliability of StarVote provided that such analysis does not place an unreasonable load on Equal Vote's servers and does not interfere with use of Equal Vote by others.
2.2 You agree to use StarVote only as permitted by the Terms and any applicable law, regulation, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions.
2.3 You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us harmless from any claims, lawsuits or other losses that arise out of your use of StarVote or your breach of the Terms.
- LIMITATIONS. You agree that we may limit your use of StarVote, including but not limited to the following:
3.1 We may, at our sole discretion, prevent you from accessing StarVote for any breach of the Terms.
3.2 Elections may be automatically deleted on or after a deletion date communicated to you. You agree that is your sole responsibility to monitor the deletion date and to take any actions to extend the deletion date.
3.3. No technical support is provided.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. STARVOTE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE SPECIFICALLY DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT Equal Vote WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND WILL BE ERROR FREE. NO INFORMATION OR ADVICE, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, GIVEN BY OWNER, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THE TERMS.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFIT, ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL, ANY LOSS OF DATA, OR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES) THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE USE OF EQUAL VOTE SOFTWARE. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SUCH DAMAGES WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
- GENERAL LEGAL TERMS. The Terms will be governed by the laws of Oregon without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within Oregon to resolve any legal matter arising from the Terms. The Terms are the whole agreement between you and us and supersedes any prior communications or agreements. If any provision of the Terms is held invalid, such provision will be removed and the remaining provisions will continue to be valid and enforceable. Our failure to enforce any right or remedy arising out of the Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or remedy.
Last modified February 4, 2021.