Instructions for printing, signing, and submitting the STAR Voting for Lane County Electronic Signature Sheet
Q: Who is eligible to sign?
A: Lane County registered voters.
Q: What if I already signed a petition like this?
A: If you signed a STAR Voting for Lane County petition before 2018, this is a new and different initiative and you can sign again.
This petition has been circulating since August 1st, 2019. If you signed the STAR Voting for Lane County petition since then please do not sign again.
Q: Don't have a printer? Want us to mail a few sheets to you or someone else?:
A: If you don't have a printer or would like to get a few sheets mailed to you please fill out the form here.
1. Open file and print the Electronic Signature Sheet on normal printer paper.
(20 pound or better, uncoated, white, 8½” x 11” size paper.)
Make sure to check in and see if others in your household or network would like you to print a copy for them while you are at it.
2. Sign and date your signature sheet on both the "Request" and "Certification" lines.
- Your signature will be verified against the signature you put down when you registered to vote so please make sure to sign your name as you did when you registered to vote.
- Please use blue or black ink.
- If your signature has changed since you registered to vote you can update your signature on file here.
3. Print your name and address clearly and legibly.
This is used to find you in the registered voter file and identify you as a unique voter so make sure it's correct and legible.
4. Put your completed sheet or sheets in an envelope, address it, stamp it, and mail it back to us!
Please mail completed sheets to:
STAR Voting for Lane County
PO Box 51243
Eugene, OR 97405
5. Help get us over the line! Share this campaign with others!!!
We need 14,174 verified signatures by the first week of July, 2021 to qualify for the ballot. With a 30% buffer that's puts our goal at around 18,500 and we are well over 1/2 way there. Unfortunately, with Covid-19 spiking we made the hard decision in March to suspend in person canvassing in most cases. That means we need you to reach out to your network to get us over the finish line:
- Write an email to your friends and family in Lane County encouraging them to sign! We don't want to spam people, but a personallized email, sent to a select list of people you know would care about this is more motivating than anything else.
- Share the campaign link to this webpage on Facebook and Twitter:
Request a canvassing packet for collecting signatures in person:
The normal signature sheets for in person canvassing need to be printed double sided and correctly formatted in order to be valid, so we don't have them available to download, but we will happily mail you a complete canvassing packet, which includes canvasser instructions, the legal text, and some signature sheets.
If you feel you can safely circulate a clipboard please fill out the form below to request a Lane County Canvassing Packet. It's worth it to request a canvassing packet if you plan to collect more than a couple signatures, and if you are able to plan ahead.
When canvassing in person please use full Covid-19 safety precautions, including masks and hand sanitizer, when reaching out to people outside your household.
Do you like this page?